Facebook Feed

Should Illinois Tax Retirement Income?

With Gov. Rauner's budget address coming up next week, the Civic Federation is again calling for taxing retirement income. Illinois is one of only three states that has an income tax but exempts all retirement income. With Illinois in such dire financial straits, taxing retirement income is very tempting. Some estimates show that a retirement tax could generate up to $2 billion annually. Even some conservatives such as Ted Darowski said taxing retirement income could be considered as part of a larger set reform including pension overhauls, spending cuts and reduction in other taxes.

Back in 2016, when the Chicago-based Civic Federation introduced it's 2017 state budget road map, they called for taxing retirement all retirement income over $50,000 with an exempt for Social Security. In response to these pushes State Rep. David McSweeney, the lead sponsor of HR 8090, the anti-retirement income tax resolution, called it "a real threat", saying "we do not, repeat not, need to raise taxes. A retirement tax would be a disaster.”. The resolution died in session on January 10, 2017. Perhaps, it is now once again send a message to Gov. Rauner and our state representatives to keep the state's hands off retirement income.

www.bettergov.org/news/age-old-question-time-for-state-retirement-tax
www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=HR&DocNum=890&GAID=13&SessionID=88&LegID=92955
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Thank you to everyone who came out in the cold and snow. All candidate with over 60% are endorsed!

The results of this evenings Endorsement Session:

Bruce Rauner 72%,

Erika Harold 65%,

Susanne Groebner 52%, (No endorsement)

Daniel Fitzgerald 73%

*All unopposed candidates are automatically endorsed.
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Reminder - PTRO Endorsement session is tomorrow. Doors will close at 7:15 pm.

One way to prepare is to review our Illinois Republican Party Platform.

palatinerepublicans.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Illinois-Repubican-Party-Platform.pdf
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

You are cordially invited to a Reception in support of Judge Mike Gerber

Cafe La Cave Restaurant
2777 Manheim Road
Des Plaines, Illinois

Supporter Ticket: $100 - Couples Supporter Ticket: $175 - Law Enforcement $50

RSVP to Carol at 312.720.2904
... See MoreSee Less

Reception in support of Judge Mike Gerber

February 7, 2018, 5:30pm - February 7, 2018, 8:00pm

You are cordially invited to a Reception in support of Judge Mike Gerber Cafe La Cave Restaurant 2777 Manheim Road Des Plaines, Illinois Supporter Ticket: $100 - Couples Supporter Ticket: $175 -...

View on Facebook

Check out Madigan nodding his head in agreement. I don't think he was actually listening.

"There is one more step we need to take to regain public confidence, 80% of Illinois voters want term limits, the other 20% it seems are seated in this chamber and in Illinois elected courts, it is past time to make this good governance move. Put term limits on the ballot and let the people decide."
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Looks like there is still room left at Joe Walsh's State of the Union Viewing Party tnight

State of the Union Viewing Party With AM560 & The Joe Walsh Show
... See MoreSee Less

State of the Union Viewing Party With AM560 & The Joe Walsh Show

January 30, 2018, 5:00pm - January 30, 2018, 10:00pm

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018, President Trump will deliver his first State of the Union Address to Congress.Join Dan Proft, Amy Jacobson, and Joe Walsh, along with several hundred AM 560 listeners for...

View on Facebook